FlashLink® Real-Time In-Transit Logger
Instructions for setting up a FlashLink RTL Logger:
- Log into your DeltaTrak RTL web account. If you do not have an account, go to the Account and RTL Logger Registration tab
- Press the green power button to activate the RTL Logger you want to place in a shipment.
- Configure settings prior to shipping by selecting Set Up Devices from the sidebar menu.
- Choose trip number of the RTL Logger from the dropdown menu.
- Enter Asset ID, such as vehicle number or purchase order number.
- Enter additional personal reference to further identify your cargo (optional).
- If you have a pre-set cargo profile, select it from the dropdown menu and all the fields for items #8 through #16 (below) will be automatically filled.
- Set your alerts for temperature, humidity, light and shock, or disable if not needed.
- Add email addresses for people you want notified of out of range conditions.
- To share trip information in read-only format from this specific RTL Logger with your receiver or anyone outside your company; enter the person's email address in the Share device field.
- Configure location alerts to know when the RTL Logger is entering a defined geo-fence; or skip this step if not needed.
- Add device route.
- Add trip duration.
- Add content of cargo.
- Add vehicle name.
- Add receiver name.
- Make sure your shipment details are correct.
- Confirm set up.
Sharing Trip Data
A shipper can share trip data from a specific logger to anyone outside of their company account, such as a receiver. All trip information will be visible to the other party in read-only mode. This includes location, temperature, humidity, light and shock.
Shippers can set up the data sharing option during initial configuration of the RTL Logger, or after the logger is deployed.
After the shipper ends the journey, trip data can only be shared with other parties by downloading and emailing PDF or CSV files from the Reports option of the web service
Instructions for sharing trip data from a FlashLink RTL Logger:
- Log into the DeltaTrak RTL web service
- Select Set Up Devices from the sidebar menu
- Go to Choose the device you want to set up and select it from the dropdown menu
- Scroll down and select Next
- Scroll down to Share device and enter the email address of the person you want to share trip data with. You may enter multiple email addresses.
- The person/s you share data with will receive an auto-email with a link to the RTL dashboard showing all the trip information from that specific logger in read-only mode.
- Trip data is available on: deltatrak.mobsentech.com
- To access logger trip data, receiver should have an email link from the shipper.
- If you do not have a login and password, please contact your shipper to get access to trip data.
- If you don't know how to contact your shipper please fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.
- Consider the environment, please recycle used loggers here www.deltatrak.com/gogreen
How to Return Logger for Recycling
Consider the environment, please recycle:
How do I login?
You login to the DeltaTrak service using your email address and password used creating your account.
I forgot my password, what now?
At the login page you can find a link for resetting your password
My device is now active, how do I match it with a shipment?
When a device has changed status from inactive to active you can via the Set up Devices now add additional information about this device. Navigate to Set Up Devices from the left hand side navigation bar, choose the device you want to set up from the drop down list. Only active devices which have not yet been setup will be visible in this drop down. Complete the set up tutorial to complete the setup.
What are Cargo Profiles?
To facilitate the DeltaTrak device set up you can create templates for your different shipments.
You can create you cargo profile by clicking 'Cargo Profiles' under the Set Up Devices section. Once a profile have been created you can choose your profile during the first step when setting up a device. When using a Cargo Profile during device set up all values included in this profile will be pre-filled to facilitate for a quicker setup.
Can I edit my already created profiles?
Yes - click on 'My cargo profiles' under the Set Up Devices section. From here you can edit your cargo profiles.
Can I share a device to another DeltaTrak account?
Yes - when setting up your device you can share this device to another DeltaTrak user by adding the username (email) of that account in the Share device field when setting up your device. When completing the setup the device will be also be visible on the account you shared it with. If the email you shared it with don't have a DeltaTrak account an on-boarding email will be sent to this email address. As soon as the user completed the on-boarding the device will be visiable on this account.
Installing the DeltaTrak Device:
What is the best practices when placing a DeltaTrak device into a container?
As soon as you receive your DeltaTrak devices they are ready to be placed into a container. Preferably the DeltaTrak device should be attached to the last row of container load.
The person handling the devices simply just need to follow a couple of simple steps to set the device up properly:
- Start device by pressing the Green power button with DeltaTrak logo on the top of unit, a click sound indicates power on, watch for Green LED to light up to confirm status.
- Remove the label containing the serial number on the packaging and attach to your shipping documents.
- Remove the protective foil from the sticker under the device.
- Place the device at eye level near the container doors with the DeltaTrak logotype facing the entrance. When this is done the device can be configured with shipment specific information.
Please see the Getting Started section for more information about this.
How is the DeltaTrak device connected to Internet?
They use 2G GSM to connect to internet in very similar way as a mobile phone. The device is equipped with a pre-paid SIM card that works world wide.
Why hasn't my DeltaTrak device updated in a while?
There is many possible reasons why the device doesn't have connectivity.
If the device is in a steel container in a rural area with bad GSM coverage or out at sea outside GSM reach the device will not be able to connect. However the device is still measuring and collecting sensor data even if there's is no GSM connectivity. As soon as the device is within GSM reach all data from last successful connection will be uploaded to the web front-end.
If you use your DeltaTrak device in reefer containers GSM signal is also affected by how the container is stacked on a ship or in a harbor. For instance if your container is in the middle of many other containers it might be very difficult to get GSM connectivity. However - as soon as your container is moved or transferred to another location all data from the last successful connection should be uploaded to the web front-end.
How do I switch from Celsuis to Fahrenheit?
You can easily switch temperature settings under your profile. Click on your name in the upper right corner, go to "Profile" and select your temperature settings. Remember to press "Save".